Apple becomes largest mobile phone vendor in US: Report

Apple becomes largest mobile phone vendor in US: Report

Apple overtook Samsung to turn out to be the most important cell phone dealer in the usa in the fourth quarter of 2012, a Record mentioned Friday.

In its newest Record, analysis agency Technique Analytics estimated that Apple shipped 17.7 million cell phones in america for a report 34 p.c share of the market within the fourth quarter of 2012, making the tech large the No.1 cell phone seller via quantity in america for the primary time ever.

Samsung, Apple’s arch-rival, shipped Sixteen.8 million handsets for a 32 percent market share within the united states, pronounced Xinhua.

The File stated Apple’s success has been driven by using its well-liked ecosystem of iPhones and App Store, generous carrier subsidies and extensive advertising across the new iPhone 5 version.

Alternatively, Apple’s exhausting-gained victory is anticipated to be short-lived. Samsung had been the No.1 mobile phone seller in the usa since 2008 and it’ll without a doubt be eager to recapture the title this yr through launching more advantageous new fashions such because the rumored Galaxy S4, Technique Analytics said.

In The Meantime, the Record brought up that regardless of an effective fourth-quarter efficiency, the usa cell phone market had shriveled for the first three quarters of 2012, making annual mobile phone shipments fall through 11 % in 2012 from the yr of 2011.

Share and Enjoy

Comments

comments

14 Comments to “Apple becomes largest mobile phone vendor in US: Report”

1. The title of this article is misleading. You’re only talking about the fourth quarter, and it’s only about total shipments, not actual sales. Experts say that Samsung has outdone Apple last year in terms of the number of units of smartphones sold.

• @phone services
      Thanks for that but it is agency news… and we rely on the facts given by them… thanks for that we will try to update the title with more inputs

2. Harriet W // April 20, 2013 at 02:39 // Reply

How can i find the density of an apple using the scientific method way?
    My teachers gave us this homework and i got a little confused considering my teacher is tuff so i will like to know if you guys can help me find the density of an apple using the scientific method and with the material of : beaker(measuring cup) Triple beam balance, Water, and an apple. Please help me.

3. maskills24 // April 22, 2013 at 00:59 // Reply

For Thanksgiving, I’m making some special cinnamon apples that I always make for the holidays, but I’m not sure what kind of apple to use. I’m essentially cutting them into pieces, throwing them in a sautee pan, and cooking them in brown sugar and cinnamon. Keeping that in mind, would I want a sweeter type of apple, or more tart? If you have a specific type that you think will go well in this kind of recipe, please let me know. Thanks in advance.

4. Also it doesnt matter what type of apple every apple makes me feel sick. It is a recent thing. Only over the past 3 years this has happened before i used to love apples i ate one or two everyday. But for some reason i stopped doing that for around a month and the next time i had a apple it made me feel sick and it still makes me sick to eat apples. What is wrong with me?

5. On the US Apple store for a 32G iPod Touch it’s $499 which is approx. €320. However on the Irish apple store the same product is €430. Has is got something to do with the technology involved? Nothing is mentioned on the Apple store.

6. borabora5524 // May 25, 2013 at 23:57 // Reply

The apple juice I buy is called “Simply Apple” and is made from actual apples. The average apple contains about 10% daily value of vitamin C and yet the whole bottle contains none. What could be the reason for that?
    By the way, I know they sell fortified apple juices, but I don’t like those.

7. RxP DarkBox // May 27, 2013 at 06:42 // Reply

Ipad Through Apple TV
    I would like to share my playing a game in the ipad, so people can see it in the TV. I already have the Appel TV and can already share movies, videos and music, but I would like to share other views from my ipad.

8. Apple tree produced apples last season but previous owner did not continue with spraying this season. We would like to get apples again next season but don’t know when to begin spraying or what spray to use.

9. It is an apple g3 pismo power book laptop with a comtrend wireless card. Could somebody please give me step by step instructions, as I have never worked with an Apple computer, only windows.

Thanks

10. Death Knight // June 1, 2013 at 18:59 // Reply

Im thinking about all the different types of jobs that are assocciated with Apple and I am wondering if a job for Apple would be a good thing to look into. How long (in years) is Apple expected to be on the incline or in the “high business” range? Will Apple be the company to keep up with society? It seems as if they have progressed quite impressively with the public and society’s demands. How well will they keep up their creativity?

11. andresumoza // June 4, 2013 at 07:09 // Reply

I just noticed that apple cider seems more fresh, and bubbly.

12. kerrin marz // June 5, 2013 at 06:30 // Reply

How long does it take, for Apple, to take the money out of your account? I wanted to purchase an app, and needed to know.

13. EzioAuditore1459 // June 6, 2013 at 13:03 // Reply

Why is Apple important for making pies?
    What makes apple so good for pie?
    Compare apple pie and pear pie,
    why is apple pie different from pear
    (what’s something pear doesn’t have that makes apple important for pies)
    it’s not a ec hw question!!

About the air in the apple and pear
    (apple has more air)
    what’s the different?
    (i read on a book but a dont really understand )