Apple overtook Samsung to turn out to be the most important cell phone dealer in the usa in the fourth quarter of 2012, a Record mentioned Friday.
In its newest Record, analysis agency Technique Analytics estimated that Apple shipped 17.7 million cell phones in america for a report 34 p.c share of the market within the fourth quarter of 2012, making the tech large the No.1 cell phone seller via quantity in america for the primary time ever.
Samsung, Apple’s arch-rival, shipped Sixteen.8 million handsets for a 32 percent market share within the united states, pronounced Xinhua.
The File stated Apple’s success has been driven by using its well-liked ecosystem of iPhones and App Store, generous carrier subsidies and extensive advertising across the new iPhone 5 version.
Alternatively, Apple’s exhausting-gained victory is anticipated to be short-lived. Samsung had been the No.1 mobile phone seller in the usa since 2008 and it’ll without a doubt be eager to recapture the title this yr through launching more advantageous new fashions such because the rumored Galaxy S4, Technique Analytics said.
In The Meantime, the Record brought up that regardless of an effective fourth-quarter efficiency, the usa cell phone market had shriveled for the first three quarters of 2012, making annual mobile phone shipments fall through 11 % in 2012 from the yr of 2011.
Latest posts by Agencies- IANS (see all)
- US embassy in Chile apologises for rude tweet – April 4, 2013
- Samsung Galaxy S4: Screen can be controlled by looking – March 17, 2013
- Twitter reaction doesn’t reflect public opinion: Research – March 7, 2013
- Positive, happy tweets are a key to success: Study – March 3, 2013
- Facebook acquires Atlas Advertiser Suite from Microsoft! – March 2, 2013