How to protect your twitter account from hackers?

How to protect your twitter account from hackers?

It’s unhealthy to completely depend upon the microblogging web page; hackers have been in a position to steal knowledge of 250,000 money owed. Twitter  now recommends disabling Java manually

The Director of Safety Twitter , Bob Lord, announced Friday, February 1st in a blog put up that round 250,000 person debts were hacked. Hackers have managed to get the names, e-mail addresses, passwords of 250,000 users.

How to protect your twitter account from hackers?

How to offer protection to your twitter account from hackers?

“This assault used to be not the work of amateurs, and we consider it was once not an isolated incident and we believe other firms and establishments have not too long ago been attacked in the same means , “stated bob. More importantly, The Protection director of the micro-running a blog site ensures that these assaults are much like those leveled against the ” the big apple Times “and” Wall Side Road Journal “and which have been published ultimate week. Both media have also pointed to the responsibility of the Chinese govt behind these cyberattacks.

In Step With Bob Lord, “The attackers have been extraordinarily subtle.” Twitter explains falling on the assault and it was once coming proper. “We Have Now been in a position to stop them. We reset the passwords of debts probably affected and asked users to create new ones. “

Twitter recommends passwords which can be More advanced

Bob Lord also reminds customers to replace their passwords frequently and use at least 10 characters. He recommends making a password different from other websites. “Use the identical password everywhere will increase the danger of being hacked.” As Well As, Mr. Twitter Safety ensures that the password must be a mix of numbers and uppercase and lowercase.

Micro-running a blog website has also posted a information to create a password to be able to stand the take a look at of piracy.

Any Other solution: Disable Java

The Safety manager Twitter warns towards the use of Java and encourages site users to disable java from their web browser. The U.S. Department of Place Of Birth Security was once known as to stop their users to use it, because its vulnerability is exploited by means of hackers.

Easy Methods To disable Java from the pc and the browser? It Is Rather simple, we provi de you step by step directions

On the pc: Windows, simply Click On “Start” to head to the “Control Panel”, then “Packages” and then in “Programs and contours”. Then make a selection “Java” and click on “Uninstall.”

In Mac OS, You Need To go to the folder “Applications, then in the” Utilities “folder and then choose” Java Preferences “. Then the Java should be unchecked.

On The Web browser:For Web Explorer , You Have To go to “Tools” then “Web Options”, after which within the “Applications” tab. Click On on “Handle Add-ons”, a number of Java within the list and then “Disable” module.

On Firefox Mozilla, go to the “Tools” menu, then Click on “Add-ons” and At Last “Plugins”. Then make a selection “Java” and click on “Disable”.

Safari , Apple’s browser, You Have To go to the “Settings”, then the “Security” tab. Finally just uncheck “Let Java”.

Ultimately, Chrome Google, You Must Click On on the wrench in the higher proper of the browser, and then Click On “Settings.” Then within the “Developed Settings”, It’s A Must To Click on the “Content Material Settings”, then “Disable plug-ins” and then on the “Disable” button below “Java”.

Vaibhav is a go-to guy, resident tech geek and pop culture junkie, he usually finds himself dabbling compulsively in a wide range of issues. He loves to write on general issues, entertainment and have extensive knowledge of social Media and how it has affected the life of celebrities. You can depend on him for timely updates of twitter and other social networking mediums.

Latest posts by Vaibhav Choudhary (see all)

Comments

comments

14 Comments to “How to protect your twitter account from hackers?”

1. […] Also Check:  How to protect your twitter account from hackers? […]

2. JOHN KAISER PHD // April 20, 2013 at 4:21 pm // Reply

A scam email asking for money was sent in my name. I cannot warn my contacts because the Contacts file has been emptied. I have been unable to change my Yahoo Mail password. My Draft file has been emptied and I have not got emails in my Inbox since yesterday. Can my Yahoo Mail be restored?

3. Splash Log Level 2 Again // April 21, 2013 at 7:26 am // Reply

yeh what’s the best way to look at someones tweets when they’ve protected them?

and obviously they can’t find out =]

thanks.

4. Death Knight // April 22, 2013 at 7:51 am // Reply

I’m having real trouble here. My yahoo account was hacked and now I’m not receiving emails. I’ve changed my password – but I believe the hackers have forwarded my email to another account. I can’t stop email forwarding – even though I’ve tried to purchase a Yahoo upgrade – which didn’t go through.

5. ericmreitz // April 23, 2013 at 9:35 pm // Reply

What are some ways that you use today’s technology? How do you go about protecting you information when you are using that technology?

6. rashest_hippo // May 22, 2013 at 6:47 am // Reply

Emails were sent, begging money from the account using my name. How can I restore all my contacts and also protect myself from this happening again?

7. My email address was hacked and all of my contacts were sent an email stating that I was in trouble while traveling in Europe (not true) The email stated that I needed money to get back home. Ever since this happened, when I now send out any emails to anyone, my return email address populates as a different email address and all reply emails are not coming back to me they are going to a different email address that is almost exactly spelled like mine except with an added letter in the email address. Any suggestions on how to get this fixed?

8. xiM Clutch // May 28, 2013 at 12:26 am // Reply

my yahoo account was hacked and erroneous message (asking people to send money to help me) was sent. i changed my password and want to send an email to my contacts to notify them of the situation but all contacts were deleted. can they be recovered

9. Victoria T // May 29, 2013 at 6:04 am // Reply

I had over 150 contacts and since my computer was hacked (sent out email looking for money…saying I was in London, robbed and beaten, etc) also have no sent emails or old emails everything is gone….can you get it back??? Thanks Virginia

10. ericmreitz // May 29, 2013 at 12:26 pm // Reply

if his twitter account was hacked? I’m not saying he’s guilty I’m just sayin’.

11. PolishPokeyPimp // June 1, 2013 at 8:02 pm // Reply

I clicked on the email and got hacked. So I changed my password and updated my email on the Yahoo website. I now have lost all my contacts and my incoming emails go to my Trash file. How do I fix this?

12. Gundown64 // June 3, 2013 at 4:05 pm // Reply

Someone has hacked my computer and I need to find out what I suppose to do about it.

13. toysruslover // June 5, 2013 at 3:16 am // Reply

I’ve heard @replies can only be deleted by the person who posted them, but do they ever disappear on their own? Is there a third-party application that can delete them, or at least make them invisible to the public’s view? I don’t want mine to be on display forever. I have @replies that were posted a month ago are they still show up when you search my Twitter name.

14. our account sent a message saying that we were stranded in Cyprus and needed money to get back. It was actually signed off from me and another person who signs emails from our account. Is there any way we can get our lost emails back or back them up in future for safe keeping??