Tweet shower on twitter after meteor blaze!

Tweet shower on twitter after meteor blaze!

People in Chelyabinsk, the area hardest hit by means of the meteorite that slammed Russia Friday morning, have a tricky-guy recognition, pumped up in recent years by means of a popular TV skit show. Twitter feeds within the hours following landfall saved up the picture, however admitted some weaknesses too.

“Everyone cleared out from our place of business except for one dude. Asked why, he stated, I Would Like me some espresso first,” Twitter person @ma1ice_ma1ice wrote an hour after the celestial body streaked the sky over the region’s eponymous capital, Chelyabinsk, a city of 1.1 million within the southern Ural Mountains.

blast,panic,wrote,chelyabinsk,city,like,meteorite,people

blast,panic,wrote,chelyabinsk,city,like,meteorite,Folks

Such tales jostled for online space with messages full of phrases like “concern”, “panic” and “scared sh*tless”, in addition to a lot of other expletives, which also abounded in most eyewitness movies posted on YouTube.

“Blinding flash of sunshine, then a blast like we’re being bombed. Lord, surviving this is unreal. I Assumed a warfare’d begun,” wrote person @DANISHPRINCIPLE.

No deaths had been reported attributable to the meteorite, however police mentioned by way of early evening that just about 1,000 People had been damage, the majority of them injured via glass shattered by way of the shock wave.

“Sure, I’m dwelling, shaking in every single place. Horrible panic here, Everybody’s leaving town,” wrote @DashkaBulanova.

The panic, on the other hand, was once far from universal: “I was once asleep, heard the blast and went back to sleep,” tweeted @Nastyayas.

“That Is some original take-heed call proper there, when your door gets blown away by the blast wave,” wrote the less fortunate user @R_T_S_.

Some took it better than others. “We were dancing, unexpectedly a flash of light and a horrible blast, we run up on stage in a panic, and the instructor’s all calm: ‘Don’t Worry, it’s only a meteorite’,” said @caxapoook.

The People of Chelyabinsk, an industrial metropolis plagued by dismal environmental pollution and high crime rates, changed into Russia’s new token tough guys after a television skit exhibit known as “Our Russia” went viral in the mid-2000s: It extolled their a lot of fantastic virtues and over-the-prime skills, no longer in contrast to the united states-born “Chuck Norris info” phenomenon, praising the hyper-tough action hero.

The meteorite additionally spawned a dozen Russian-language Twitter money owed of its own, all providing more lowbrow humor, with traces like, “Looking to meet earthlings. No Bruce Willises” – a reference to the Hollywood celebrity’s campaign against house particles in “Armageddon”.

The Indo-Asian News Service (IANS) was established in 1986, initially to serve as an information bridge between India and its thriving diaspora in North America. Today it is a full-fledged, 24 by 7 agencies putting out the real-time news from India, South Asia and news of interest to this region around the world.

Comments

comments

13 Comments to “Tweet shower on twitter after meteor blaze!”

1. borabora5524 // April 21, 2013 at 11:08 pm // Reply

I am doing a report on Herb Brooks and it just sparked my interest to see what everyone else thought.

2. There is this asteroid that panic a lot of russian people. My question where did it hit?

3. Is it related to 2012 DA14?
    Why nobody predicted about it before?
    Are there more coming?

4. A few days ago, a meteorite came down from the sky and exploded in Russia and injured 1200 people. What was interesting was that no one actually saw this meteorite coming. In contrast, people were observing another one that went by earth peacefully. In fact, so sudden and so unexpected was this meteorite that many people had initially thought it was the other meteorite that went past the earth.

Why is it no one saw this meteorite coming? I find it hard to believe with all of today’s high tech available, people could have given this meteorite a miss.

Were telescopes pointing the wrong way?

5. PoohBearPenguin // May 21, 2013 at 4:07 pm // Reply

Hundreds were injured and at least one building’s roof was collapsed by large meteors that no one saw coming, apparently. The place in Chelyabinsk that was affected was a low population are

Chelyabinsk could have easily be the US Capital or your neighbor hood. People could have been killed. The meteors could have been small asteroids and could have taken out and entire neighborhood or city. We could have had a major impact event an life as we know it would have taken a turn for the worst.
    @Hamass

There won’t be any hungry children to feed if a rock only a mile or two in diameter strikes us because we thought ‘stargazing’ was a misplaced priority and put away our radars and telescopes. 🙂 People think space related programs are junk. Space weather is just as relevant as Earth weather.
    @Mac

That’s why a little more investment should pay off. We apparently can automatically detect many of these NEOs. If we keep working on these programs, the volume of NEO becomes unimportant as the software becomes more reliable and faster.

6. wwwavid360gamercom // May 21, 2013 at 4:07 pm // Reply

when i was around 4 my parents told me i was adopted from Chelyabinsk Russia when i was about a year old. I was put immediately into an orphanage and i know nothing about my real parents because my adoptive parents told me when the orphanage tried to contact them it was all fake names and numbers on the papers. i’m 16 now (my adoptive mom died a few years ago and my dad isn’t very interactive with me anymore) so i think about my real parents a lot. Is it possible to ever find them? how?

7. lcollier93sbcglobalnet // May 22, 2013 at 3:23 am // Reply

Is the M5 a better road?

8. evangldbrg // May 23, 2013 at 10:53 am // Reply

Im painting my ceiling and i want it to look like the night sky with stars and maybe a planet.

9. If it is 10pm here in America what time would it be in Chelyabinsk Russia?

10. lcollier93sbcglobalnet // May 29, 2013 at 6:45 am // Reply

I have a 50 mm aperture 360 mm focal length 60x, 90x magnification lens telescope. What possibly can I expect to watch in night sky?

11. have faith // May 30, 2013 at 12:04 pm // Reply

it is probably still very cold out there
    И почему ета категория почти совсем пуста?

12. PillowMan1234 // May 31, 2013 at 7:31 pm // Reply

I am doing research on russia for school and i am not sure which are the provinces/states in russia (or what ever they are called their). every map i have seen includes different names and different regions. if so could you post a proper map of russia or province list? thank you

13. ibjammin44 // June 8, 2013 at 8:28 am // Reply

I seem that i can not find many Hotels in Chelyabinsk (Russia) i have searched well known places online.. Anyone know any?… Plus is travelling through Russia city to city hard to do? … All help welcome..