Fb could be used to treat despair as Ninety per cent of users log on to the social networking web site to keep in mind that happier instances, experts have mentioned.
In Keeping With the research by University of Portsmouth, nostalgic pictures and even outdated comments are used to “self-soothe”.
Scientists already be aware of that reminiscent remedy is useful for older individuals with memory loss.
Now the University needs to do a much bigger study to confirm its findings, which might recommend Facebook can assist treat mental health concerns similar to nervousness and despair, the Day-to-day Replicate studies.
Dr Alice Good, who led the new study, mentioned scientists discovered a boom in “self-soothing” on Fb helps users particularly if they are vulnerable to feeling low.
Psychologist Dr Clare Wilson said stated that Fb is marketed as a way of speaking with others.
This research displays we are more doubtless to use it to connect with our previous selves, most likely when our current selves need reassuring, Wilson introduced.
Consistent With the file, the find out about has been printed in the journal Lecture Notes in Laptop Science: Universal Access in Human-Pc Interaction.
Latest posts by Aroundtheglobe (see all)
- Users demand apology form Facebook for data breach – June 26, 2013
- Google slammed for ‘self-advertising’ – June 26, 2013
- The Benefits of Social Media Optimization for Your Brand – June 18, 2013
- Now confess your ‘Sin’ with this App – June 17, 2013
- Google plans to remove child porn from internet – June 17, 2013