Google Reader Bids Adieu – Where to Look For Your Next “Read”

Google Reader Bids Adieu – Where to Look For Your Next “Read”

With the Google reader closing its doors by means of July of this yr, it’s important to take some fast measures on your Next “Learn” resolution. You additionally want to transport all of your RSS feeds to the brand new reader with time to spare. So here is a quick peek at what you must be doing for this situation.

Are Seeking out the new reader stat

You Will Need To have the proper mechanism to gather the more than a few feeds that you want to Read. Google reader functioned on the RSS mechanism. According To this, you have got the following in style choices to choose from.

NewsBlur:  A Popular reader choice with very identical options to that Google Reader. This Is A cloud based reader possibility, so Which You Can get entry to your feeds from multiple gadgets at any time. The website online has disabled the free version for the time being, nevertheless it bargains purposeful features like an iGoogle like interface and apps for android or iOS devices.

Feedly: The interface is a yes new expertise for loyal Google reader users. You Can Use the reader through simply downloading a browser extension for either Google Chrome or Firefox. That You May additionally create a sync gadget between your browsers or if you need, with the Feedly mobile apps.

NetVibes: Another web primarily based reader so you have full get right of entry to from myriad areas and gadgets. The interface is very related to Google Reader and your may work with an iGoogle like homepage, so the transition shall be smooth.

Presently, there are no laptop based readers, which have an immediate sync with any of the cloud primarily based services (with the exception of Google Reader). Then Again, with the market rife for Simply this kind of product launch, possibly there will be a brand new development someday soon.

On an apart, The Outdated Reader can also be an excellent option for individuals who need to transition to a distinct cloud based reader however with no need to retrain their reader person habits.

To make the ultimate transition, Just head over to Google Takeout’s Reader Page possibility. That You May create archive throughout the interface to assemble all of your subscription knowledge at one location. Whilst You hit obtain, you are going to get a zipped file. Opening the folder, you will discover a file named subscriptions.xml. Simply upload this file to the reader of your choice to get your entire subscriptions by the use of the new reader.

Apurba is a web communications professional and an independent digital marketing strategy consultant.She dons multiple hats being a blogger/writer/designer/analyst. When not in her writing mode, she can be found web surfing, trekking, reading or exploring interesting locales around the country and beyond.

Comments

comments

12 Comments to “Google Reader Bids Adieu – Where to Look For Your Next “Read””

1. I want to be able to read my rss stories in Google Reader from my iphone. Is there an app that I can trust giving my gmail password?

2. I want to remain anonymous while I read a persons blogs. If you subscribe to a blog using Google Reader, or read a blog through Google Reader, can you or your ip address, or any other identifiable information be discovered by the blog owner/reader?

Thanks,

3. RSS aggregators like Google Reader are nice, but I want a service that will email me every time one of my feeds has a new post (not just a daily digest). This seems like such an obvious thing, but i can’t find one or figure out how to set it up in something like Feedburner. Does anyone know how to easily do this? Thanks!

4. dubmecrazy3 // May 24, 2013 at 10:44 am // Reply

I like sharing a lot on google plus. Generally when I find a blog post or something I like on google reader I will share the link on fogle plus and put a small comment. If I was to post the entire post I was reading on google plus is that ok and legal as l long as I link back to the original source post?

5. morbiusdog // May 26, 2013 at 3:41 pm // Reply

Google reader’s closing, so what’s the best thing to use instead?

6. simply complicated // May 28, 2013 at 5:14 pm // Reply

I have a blog and I want people to be able to subscribe by e-mail and get e-mail notifications of new blogs posts. My family does not use google reader or blog lines or any other readers. They are not very tech-savvy so I need a way for them to read my blogspot/blogger blog by getting simple e-mail notifications. How do I do this?

7. i want to know if it will be useful for me, what i do is i just check my email(hotmail), use facebook, go on youtube and thats my basic stuff and then i do some extra searching up stuff and all that. i dont check blogs everyday or anything. so is google reader gonna be useful for me?

8. whitesoxfan2347 // May 31, 2013 at 7:09 am // Reply

When I’m offline I love to be able to read all blog posts for a given blog. Google Reader now offers the ability to read offline. However I haven’t been able to figure out a way to download all the posts in a certain blog easily. For instance, let’s say I want to download all the posts from Steve Pavlina’s blog before an upcoming trip. How would I do this? I can manually use the “infinite scrolling” feature to get them all but it takes a long time and is tedious.

Any suggestions? Might there be a better RSS reader for this?

9. The Dark Knight // May 31, 2013 at 8:23 am // Reply

I roll through a lot of my blogs via Google Reader at work. Most of what I look at is related to my work, some of it isn’t. If my network guys took an interest in me, what would they see? A lot of time in Google Reader, or every blog that Google Reader is set to tap? If they can see everything, is there a way to prevent that? Short of setting up a proxy server (though not ruled out as an option)… Thanks!

10. unbleevable39 // June 4, 2013 at 1:36 pm // Reply

I’m looking for some really good business blogs to add to my google reader that are worthwhile following on an ongoing basis. Can you make and recommendations? I have Seth Godin’s already. Thanks!

It would also be helpful if you told me why you liked these blogs.

11. I’ve been using Listen, but I can’t always find a podcast that I want to listen to. I heard that Google Reader expands the choices. How do I find podcasts and download them using Google Reader? Or, is there another good podcast player that’s better? (I used to use iTunes till I exchanged my iPhone for an Evo. Love the Evo tho!)

12. I am really nuts about BBC programmes and after long last decided to listen to the podcasts from BBC. I have a lot of feeds on my google reader page from the website of the BBC but I can’t see how I can take these from my computer to the MP3 player. How can I ‘download’ these podcasts on my computer and /or MP3 player? Where are the files of these podcasts?