Three films that explain the history of Microsoft and Apple

Three films that explain the history of Microsoft and Apple

The lives of those two geniuses, Bill gates and Steve Jobs, of technology are portrayed in many movies. For Those Who are curious in regards to the history of these entrepreneurs or need to replicate them, We selected some movies unmissable. These express the lengthy competition that existed between the 2 males, who had very totally different views about their trade.

Pirates of the computer: Pirates of Silicon Valley (1999)
Pirates of Silicon Valley is a 1999 made-for-tv Film directed with the aid of Martyn Burke and in accordance with the ebook Hearth in the Valley: The Making of the private Pc by means of Paul Freiberger and Michael Swaine. The Film paperwork the impression of the rivalry between Apple Laptop and Microsoft on the advance of the personal Computer. It spans the time period of the early Nineteen Seventies to 1997, when Steve Jobs (Noah Wyle) and Invoice Gates (Anthony Michael Corridor) advance a partnership after Jobs returns to Apple Laptop.

Steve Jobs: Billion Buck Hippy (2011)
A model that defines cool consumerism, Apple has grow to be probably the most biggest firms on this planet. Its recreation-altering merchandise tap into modern desires. Its leader, Steve Jobs, was once an extended-haired faculty dropout with countless ambition, and an inspirational perfectionist with a bully’s temper. A Man of contradictions, he fused a Californian counterculture perspective and a mastery of the art of hype with explosive advances in Pc technology. Insiders including Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak inform exceptional stories of the upward thrust, fall and rise again of Apple with SteveJobs at its helm. With Stephen Fry, all over the world web inventor Sir Tim Berners-Lee and branding guru Rita Clifton, SteveJobs: Billion Buck Hippy decodes the formula that took Apple from suburban garage to global supremacy.

Jobs (2013)
The story of Steve Jobs’ ascension from faculty dropout into one of the crucial revered ingenious entrepreneurs of the 20th century. It was once directed by means of Joshua Michael Stern, written by means of Matt Whiteley, and produced through Mark Hulme. The title position is played with the aid of Ashton Kutcher, with Josh Gad taking part in the role of Apple Computer’s co-founder Steve Wozniak.Manufacturing began in June 2012 with over three days of filming on place at Jobs’ childhood dwelling in Los Altos, California, adopted by means of 28 days of filming in l. a.. The Movie used to be chosen to close the 2013 Sundance Movie Competition.The Film might be launched theatrically in america on April 19, 2013.

(inputs from Wikipedia)

From the unusual to the funny and the downright bizarre, Under this Author we bring you sample of social media news news from around the world, along with photos, quotes and other story. All the stories under this author are reproduction of famous stories around the globe. And we with full responsibility accept that they are not creation of our own , it is just that we add bit of information and content to make it a perfect mix of ingredients and make them ready to serve to our loved users.

Comments

comments

24 Comments to “Three films that explain the history of Microsoft and Apple”

1. Until today, I have only known the name Steve Jobs, and am just learning as I read more and more about him. I knew he was the CEO of Apple. What would you say is his biggest contribution to the planet? Someone on facebook also noted that he has changed millions of people’s lives for the better. Can someone please elaborate on how he has changed lives for the better? Thank you!

2. nyyankees1123 // April 21, 2013 at 7:34 am // Reply

Now that Steve Jobs leaves Apple again for medical reasons I think it’s necessary to ask, now that there’s fear all around Apple, if Steve Jobs should have to promote at least a few of other leaders besides him to run the company in case he had to leave. It’s obvious he didn’t do that and now the company feels jeopardized. What do you think?

3. Where did Jobs go to college; when did he dropout? Do you believe that sometimes you don’t need a college degree to succeed in life? What is the true definition of “success (you can talk about yourself here)?” Bill Gates is kind of like Steve Jobs too; is it creativity?
    Also, how is Steve jobs idiosyncratic? What does that word mean? Can’t wait to read your answers!

4. HASTHEANSWERS // April 22, 2013 at 9:17 am // Reply

im class we need a 3:00-5:00 minute long speech about someone who acopmlished somthing in their life. im doing Steve Jobs. Whats A Good way to start it?? i have a quoter but i wanna use it at the end the quote is: In 2007, Steve Jobs said, “There’s an old quote that I love. ‘I skate to where the puck is going to be, not where it has been.’ And we’ve always tried to do that at Apple. Since the very, very beginning. And we always will.” so yea.__. whats a good starting sentane and maybe a resorce site for info.

5. _marky_mark_ // April 22, 2013 at 6:57 pm // Reply

I told him that all of them are a form of rare exceptions and not everyone has a chance of becoming the 1%(a successful entrepreneur or professional athlete or celebrity). I told him that if he lives his life believing that exception will magically happen to him too then he’s going to have a hard time in life. What do you think about this?

6. simply complicated // April 22, 2013 at 7:50 pm // Reply

Can anyone help me write in a form of a speech(i will use visual aids to assist) for steve jobs?
    The theme is MOVERS AND SHAKERS OF THE WORLD.

10 points !!!

7. I’m having my living room floor retiled using nothing but fully functional iPads. Steve Jobs is coming to personally supervise the installation. I’m already planning on asking him why Apple is incapable of making white iPhones. Anything else I should ask or say?

8. I was talking to a friend of mine about college and a successful life and I agreed with him that you don’t have to go to college to become successful and happy with your life but degrees help you market yourself for a career. But he told me about the lucky cases like Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, Mark Zuckerberg who were successful dropouts who became entrepreneurs and made millions.

I told him that all of them are a form rare exceptions and not everyone has a chance of becoming the 1%(a successful entrepreneur or professional athlete or celebrity). I told him that if he lives his life believing that exception will happen to him too then he’s going to have a hard time in life.

9. JOHN KAISER PHD // May 22, 2013 at 1:34 am // Reply

I’ve recently read Steve Jobs’s biography (Chinese version) and I vividly remember in Chapter 34-1 Steve jobs mentioned something like ‘don’t forget we all come to death’ or ‘don’t forget our life will come to an end’. Can you please tell me the actual words of this sentence in the original book written in English? Thank you so much!

10. whites are not the only racists // May 22, 2013 at 1:57 am // Reply

I saw on the news today that some people have been leaving flowers and candles in front of the Apple stores in my area.
    Roadside memorials are placed at sites where people have died but Steve Jobs didn’t die in front of any of those stores.

11. ive read the History of Apple and well Steve Jobs knows nothing technically speaking… soo did Steve jobs was more on the business side or what?

12. A lot of folks are saying Noah Wyle because he played him in that other movie, but I don’t think he has the acting chops for the big screen. What has Noah done lately? Nah.

I think John Corbett looks like the young Steve Jobs and would fit the part well. Steve was a mix of California hippy and tech maniac. I think John would be good at that.

13. I heard that Steve Jobs inspired his designers for the iPhone with a great speech, and I was wondering if anybody knows the speak. I can not find it online…

14. Brendan O // May 26, 2013 at 1:11 pm // Reply

I’m trying to make it sound better, please tell me if it is correct:

“Remembering that I’ll be dead soon is the most important tool I’ve ever encountered to help me make the big choices in life.” These words were from no other than one of the best-known computer designers and innovators of all time, Steve Jobs.

It just doesn’t sound quite right but i’m confused where it went wrong. Please help me make it better!

15. davemc74656 // May 27, 2013 at 3:36 pm // Reply

Do you think Apple sales will surge with the death of Steve Jobs? Do you think that Apple is in good standing with Jobs’s departure? BTW, I’m don’t own any stock nor am I planning on investing so hold your vitriol and get off my case.

16. I just heard the unfortunate news that Steve Jobs has passed away. I just wanted to get some opinions on how apple’s stock will react tomorrow.

17. I got the virus where the picture of steve jobs appears on the screen and doesn’t move on to the home screen. I’ve seen the video on youtube on how to get rid of it on a mac. I need to know how to get rid of this using windows. The two pwngetool programs are not the same, there is no expert mode on the windows version.

18. Rassling Fundamentals // June 1, 2013 at 7:00 pm // Reply

I need primary sources of Steve Jobs. They can be websites or just book titles. PLEASE HURRY, i only have ten minutes. Thanks so much!

19. EzioAuditore1459 // June 1, 2013 at 7:57 pm // Reply

I have a few ideas for Apple and I am trying to find a way to get in touch with Steve Jobs the manager of Apple… Would anybody know a way how I can get in touch with Steve Jobs?

20. balinderk2000 // June 3, 2013 at 8:18 am // Reply

It’s a serious question of curiosity. What are some of the ways (if any) that sexism in society might be preventing the rise of a “Steve Jobs” who happens to be female? A “Steve Jobs” would be someone who innovates, starts a company based on their innovation, and the company becomes a publicly-traded corporation. Or, do we already have such females? Who are they?

21. Gundown64 // June 6, 2013 at 3:55 am // Reply

Steve Jobs has gone from an acid-using hippy to an extremely successful business owner and inventor. Please tell me some of the similarities between him and Mark Twain. Also, if you could, relate Steve Jobs to any of the following: Thoreau, Whitman, Arthur Miller, Krakaur, Whitman. One or two relations would suffice. Thank you so much!

22. I am writing a leadership paper about Steve Jobs.
    Im talking about Steve Jobs, CEO of Apple. Im writing a paper for my leadership class and Im trying to figure out how he ‘Enable Others to Act’.

23. I need to know what impact Steve jobs and apple have on people’s everyday lives and how the world would be different without it.

24. sethburger // June 8, 2013 at 10:20 am // Reply

Describe any impacts that Steve Jobs’ innovations have had on the life.

My class need to write an essay about that topic.