the united states embassy in Chile has apologised for a tweet indicating it was once bored or aggravated with the aid of former Chilean president Michelle Bachelet’s bid to run in the November presidential elections.
“Our apologies for the ultimate tweet. An unauthorized person despatched the message from this account,” the embassy said by means of its reputable Twitter account.
The offensive tweet was erased, but the apology used to be still there Thursday, pronounced Xinhua.
The erased message learn: “Bachelet, Bachelet, Bachelet … Is there no other information?”
Bachelet, the primary girl to steer Chile from 2006 to 2010, used to be until not too long ago head of UN Women, the United International Locations agency in charge of Girls’s affairs.
She lower back to Chile lately to are trying to find a second term within the November 17 elections as the candidate of the Left-leaning opposition. Polls convey she leads different possible candidates.
Chile’s national media is abuzz with the election bid, and america embassy’s response caused ripples through social networks.
Latest posts by Agencies- IANS (see all)
- US embassy in Chile apologises for rude tweet – April 4, 2013
- Samsung Galaxy S4: Screen can be controlled by looking – March 17, 2013
- Twitter reaction doesn’t reflect public opinion: Research – March 7, 2013
- Positive, happy tweets are a key to success: Study – March 3, 2013
- Facebook acquires Atlas Advertiser Suite from Microsoft! – March 2, 2013