Facebook updates policies on “harmful and hateful” content

Facebook updates policies on “harmful and hateful” content

Facebook has announced it is updating its policies on “dangerous and hateful” content after a marketing campaign complaining it was permitting jokes and different offensive feedback about rape and domestic abuse.

Fb vice chairman of worldwide public coverage Marne Levine stated the social network would “complete our assessment and update the guidelines” around hate speech and searching for feedback from prison consultants, Ladies’s firms and other groups “that have traditionally faced discrimination .”

“In recent days, it has develop into clear that our methods to establish and remove hate speech have did not work as successfully as we would like, specifically around problems with gender-primarily based hate,” Levine’s statement stated on Tuesday.

“In some instances, content is not being eliminated as quick as we would like. In different circumstances, content that will have to be removed has now not been or has been evaluated using out of date criteria… We want to do higher — and we can.”

Fb introduced the change per week after a campaign prepared through the activist team Ladies, Motion & The Media, which claimed the social network “has long allowed content endorsing violence in opposition to Women.”

After the Facebook announcement, the organization hailed the Action.

From the unusual to the funny and the downright bizarre, Under this Author we bring you sample of social media news news from around the world, along with photos, quotes and other story. All the stories under this author are reproduction of famous stories around the globe. And we with full responsibility accept that they are not creation of our own , it is just that we add bit of information and content to make it a perfect mix of ingredients and make them ready to serve to our loved users.

Comments

comments

12 Comments to “Facebook updates policies on “harmful and hateful” content”

1. JackReynolds // May 30, 2013 at 11:22 am // Reply

I know if you join a Facebook Group you are a Member.
    If you join a Page you are a Fan.
    What is the difference between a Group and a Page ?

2. Facebook sends me an email notice whenever any of my Facebook friends has a birthday. I would rather not receive notices sent through my personal email from Facebook when any of my Facebook friends has a birthday. Where exactly do I go on my Facebook account to change something so that Facebook will stop sending me email notices on my friends’ birthdays?

3. kerrin marz // June 2, 2013 at 4:28 am // Reply

On facebook, how do you hide your friends list so that your other friends cannot see it?

4. JackReynolds // June 3, 2013 at 11:48 am // Reply

Will it alert contacts that I have Facebook? Or will it just give me a list of my phone contacts who have Facebook? I ask this because I want to find the profile of an old friend, but don’t want other contacts to be alerted that I have Facebook, for obvious reasons like no one really uses it anymore. So will it alert them?

5. On Facebook I clicked on desktop site, how do I change it back to mobile?

6. Cpt Excelsior // June 4, 2013 at 2:00 am // Reply

I have a friend on facebook that doesn’t have very much friends on facebook,and she asked me to help her out.Can someone tell me step-by-step how to become facebook famous without adding people?

7. I created a page on Facebook but I want to delete it. How do you delete it.

8. I just read some things about Facebook charging money to use it! Is this true, or just a scam?

9. My facebook is deactivated but I seem to still get emails about people adding me and things why?

10. happyha31 // June 5, 2013 at 5:50 am // Reply

What was the rising action and falling action of story of a peter pan?

11. ConfusionnaJob // June 7, 2013 at 4:21 am // Reply

I want to send my Facebook statuses to twitter but not the other way around. That is, I do not want my tweets going to my Facebook account but I want my Facebook statuses going to my twitter. Any help? Thanks.

12. floydian8717 // June 7, 2013 at 6:16 pm // Reply

There are many facebook users who do not like the new profile and are not able to get rid of it. This seems to be a good way for facebook to lose a lot of users. I mean if there are those who like this profile, good for them. I just think its retarded there’s no choice to get rid of it after activating it. This just extremely pisses me off.