Trend Spot for Recruiters’ Hiring Via the Social Media Sites

Trend Spot for Recruiters’ Hiring Via the Social Media Sites

Job-searching is getting more sophisticated with elevated competitive rates in all fields. With new social media traits on the upward thrust, it isn’t with reference to the way you present your self, however where you existing yourself that affects you being employed.

Social Media recruitment trends

Social Media recruitment tendencies

LinkedIn has sustained recruiters’ price of hobby by Ninety Seven%. So, (in fact) you need to constantly update your LinkedIn profile and add to your skills and endorsements to care for references.

On The Other Hand, the end of the yr also noticed the eminent upward thrust of Twitter and Facebook as recruiter’s hotspots for brand spanking new ability. Fb retained about 51% passion from more than a few firms whereas Twitter retained a 49% pastime. So, whereas LinkedIn has about reached the peak of its growth possible as a recruiters’ hub, Facebook and Twitter are surging as much as be the brand new skilled platform.

So, here are some guidelines to help you refine your job hunting manner:

• Enhance your social media presence. Weed out the unnecessary and raise social interactions with doable niche influencers.
  • Tweet extra about issues, pointers and news associated to your career area of interest.
  • Invest your time and efforts in updating your self with new talents. While You do, at all times show them to your social media profiles.
  • Good news is salaries are increasing (in case you consider essentially the most recent recruiters’ studies). So be confident together with your demands but you should definitely research your particular container for contemporary traits.

Apurba is a web communications professional and an independent digital marketing strategy consultant.She dons multiple hats being a blogger/writer/designer/analyst. When not in her writing mode, she can be found web surfing, trekking, reading or exploring interesting locales around the country and beyond.

Comments

comments

14 Comments to “Trend Spot for Recruiters’ Hiring Via the Social Media Sites”

1. Hello All,

Humbly requesting experts please share if you the answer.

What are the dashboard metrics Facebook and LinkedIn tracking.

New Registration
    Reach
    Clicks
    Visits
    Referral Visits.

Waiting for your reply. Please share your thoughts.

2. I applied to a Craigslist job post yesterday, and then found the same job on LinkedIn. I wanted to apply through LinkedIn so that the Hiring Manager could see my profile immediately, but I’m afraid that it might be a turn off.

3. I have heard some information about LinkedIn. Is it useful when searching for a job? Do employers look at LinkedIn for potential candidates or when screening an applicant? Would it be beneficial for me to join? How do you go about networking yourself with others on the site if you do not know too many people?

4. Someone at a company I’m interested in working for viewed my profile, he’s also an alumnus from my same university. I want to begin communication from this person but I don’t know how without upgrading my account for $20/month. Adding him as a connection doesn’t seem appropriate at this moment in time and upgrading my account doesn’t seem worth it right now either as LinkedIn hasn’t shown to me it’s worth it, yet.

Advice?

5. Xavier Hawthorne // May 24, 2013 at 12:53 am // Reply

I am trying to build a network of marketing & IT professionals in India, however Linkedin has not not been able to help. Any suggestions Please??
    This query is for India only.

6. How to receive message notification from Linkedin?

When I get a message from a Linkedin member how do I receive a e-mail notification as well? Any ideas, Thanks.

7. supernerd567 // May 26, 2013 at 1:46 pm // Reply

Hi fellas

there are some of my friends who dont use linkedin and searching for job now a days. I wanna help them. Is there any way to share linkedin jobs ad to facebook account/stream so that they can see that update and apply?

Many thanks for your help 🙂 Stay blessed !

8. I am trying to encourage employees to like and share company updates on LinkedIn and have had the idea that if there is a RSS feed on our intranet system they can see these. Can you do this? I have a feed from Twitter.
    Thanks for your answers- You can link company updates only personal updates to twitter.

9. ericmreitz // May 28, 2013 at 10:10 am // Reply

I’ve heard LinkedIn is a great place to network with other IT Professionals and possibly find a job. But many of my co-workers are in my LinkedIn network. How can I use it to find a job without them knowing what I am doing?

10. maskills24 // May 29, 2013 at 3:21 am // Reply

I just joined Linkedin, and would like to add 3 of my previous bosses as contacts. 2 of them were my bosses during internships, and another was my boss during an actual job. Is it inappropriate to request them to be contacts?

Who am I supposed to add as contacts?

11. mr flibble // May 29, 2013 at 6:44 pm // Reply

I am new to LinkedIn. I see that when there is a second connection the first big window is to write I think to the target and the other one below in the smaller window is to write to the contact. What would an example be of what you would write and how does the process work? Thank you!

12. whitesoxfan2347 // June 1, 2013 at 3:34 pm // Reply

I am logged in to my LinkedIn account but whenever I go to view/edit my account all that shows is my profile activity (new connections, groups I’ve joined etc) and nothing else, not even my picture. The same thing happens when I choose to view a connection’s page. I will just show me their activity.

Anyone else had the same problem or know what the problem could be?

13. hank baseballs // June 1, 2013 at 7:54 pm // Reply

I’m getting very frustrated looking for an engineering job, so I’m trying to find other strategies to land my first engineering job. Human resources sucks, so I’m going ahead and sending my job applications to company employees. So my question is: is it appropriate to contact company employees on LinkedIn and send them my resume and cover letter?

14. Christopher J // June 3, 2013 at 8:19 am // Reply

My uncle has to get a new job, and it was recommended that he join some social networking sites such as LinkedIn to gain connections and speak to others in his profession. I was asked to gather a list of these sites for him, but the only thing I can think of is LinkedIn. I know there are ones like Facebook and MySpace, but I mean more professional-geared sites. Any suggestions?