Have You been the use of Google+ lately? If You Have, you haven’t been on my own. According To Google, the collection of monthly active users on Google+ jumped from 390 million in Could to 540 million customers As Of Late.
“With 540 million individuals energetic throughout Google every month, 300 million people lively in simply the stream and greater than 1.5 billion photographs uploaded a week, the Google+ group is growing sooner than we ever could have imagined,” wrote Vic Gundotra, a Google senior vice president, in a weblog post. “Today’s updates are our means of saying ‘thanks.’ We hope they save you time and permit you to share your story.”
And in that vein, Google announced enhancements to Google+ Hangouts and the photo function which are aimed at making it easier to message, picture edit and make video calls.
For Hangouts, Google has tried to tweaked the video calling expertise, making it full display throughout both cellular and computers and adorning webcam lighting routinely.
Hangouts for Android now supports place sharing and SMS. “This Fashion you could send a map of your current vicinity versus finding and typing an handle, and you can send and receive SMS versus switching between apps,” wrote Gundotra. “Animated GIFs additionally play inline.”
The Android app and video calling options might be available in a few days, In Line With Google.
Google is also shifting to make it easier to retailer, arrange, edit and share pictures and videos on Google+.
Gundotra stated with Google+ for iOS, users could have their photographs and video mechanically backed up as they take them with the addition of full-size backups and historical past sync.
Google also is the use of its experience in search to make it easier for users to seek out the one photo they may be searching for out of the heaps they’ve taken. Google+ now acknowledges 1,000 completely different objects, including sunsets and snowmen, so users can sort in a seek for the photo they’re searching for of their photo library.
Other photo updates embody automated enhancements, tools for modifying on the go, and the flexibility to erase undesirable shifting objects , equivalent to a car within the background, from a photograph.
This Text, Google+ popularity jumps with 540M month-to-month customers, used to be firstly published at Computerworld.com.
Sharon Gaudin covers the Web and Net 2.0, emerging technologies, and desktop and computer chips for Computerworld. Practice Sharon on Twitter at @sgaudin, on Google+ or subscribe to Sharon’s RSS feed . Her email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Google+ recognition jumps with 540M month-to-month customers
- Getting around Google+: 25 guidelines and tips for energy users
- Getting round Google+: Amplify your circles — and your influence
- Getting around Google+: A guide to the basics
- Google+ updates mobile apps for iPhone, Android
- 500K customers flee dead-RSS-walking Google Reader for Feedly
- Petitions plead for Google Reader’s lifestyles, accumulate 100K signatures
- In Google+ hangout, astronauts discuss tech, Isaac Newton and Twitter
- Obama talks about math, on-line privacy and an open Internet in Google+ hangout
- Google+ suffers outage Friday morning
Continuing protection: Google+
Read more about Social Media in Computerworld’s Social Media Subject Center.
Latest posts by SMB Staff (see all)
- How to Make a Facebook Cover Video That Wows Visitors to Your Business Page – July 21, 2017
- Google quietly released yet another outstanding feature for Maps – July 21, 2017
- Yes, Yes! A Sister, Sister Revival Is ‘Moving Forward’! – July 21, 2017
- Facebook Releases New Report on Video Consumption Behaviors on Facebook and Instagram – July 21, 2017
- Facebook could be next to try out modular devices, a patent suggests – July 21, 2017