NBC Information used Facebookâ€™s lately presented Keyword insights application-programming interface to examine the usage of the #DearCongress hashtag Tuesday in the wake of the government shutdown, and it discovered that girls had been talking about the experience virtually three times more than Males have been (Seventy Four p.c to 26 percent).
- Govt staff, paychecks, and Obamacare were The Most-mentioned themes.
- Paycheck was used in two methods â€” expressing situation over whether or not Executive staff have been getting paid, and annoyance at the fact that members of Congress have been nonetheless getting paid.
- Mentions of Senate Majority Chief Harry Reid (D-Nev.) edged mentions of President Barack Obama.
- Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) and Speaker of the home John Boehner (R-Ohio) have been mentioned much less regularly, however the terms â€œRepublicanâ€ and â€œGOPâ€ blended had been used 2.75 times greater than â€œDemocrat.â€
- â€œVoteâ€ was once extremely talked about on Twitter, with users of that social community indicating that they might punish the responsible lawmakers in the subsequent elections.
- Tips for lawmakers incorporated â€œcompromise,â€ â€œdo your job,â€ and â€œserve the people,â€ and admonishments included â€œyouâ€™re firedâ€ and â€œdisgrace.â€
- Probably The Most mentions of the #DearCongress hashtag on Facebook and Twitter by using state have been from Florida, Illinois, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and Virginia.
Readers: Did you put up in regards to the Govt shutdown on Facebook or Twitter?