Do video game-to-movie adaptations in reality need a gritty, Christopher Nolan-like take on their subject material? Come To A Decision for your self withÂ The Four Gamers, a Four-part short movie sequence inspired by way of Super Mario Bros. The shorts are the entire product of Maker Studios, working in collaboration withÂ Divergent author Evan Daugherty (by way of The Hollywood Reporter).
Only two of the Four shorts â€“ the Mario-targetedÂ The Fixer and Luigi-focusedÂ The AddictÂ – are posted, with the other two,Â The SuperstarÂ (about Princess Peach) andÂ The Soldier (about Toad) set to debut on Friday, November 15. All Four of the shorts are hosted via Polaris, Makerâ€™s geek-targeted YouTube channel. As you can see in these first two, Daugherty takes Shigeru Miyamotoâ€™s trippy Mushroom Kingdom and grounds it (slightly) if truth be told. Weâ€™ve seen fan films of this kind earlier than, but the execution here makes these two worth a look.
Daugherty is not any stranger to grim and gritty;Â Divergent scored points with a young grownup studying audience that leans towards fiction likeÂ The Starvation Games. â€œMaking these short films gave me a possibility to really â€˜do my very own thing,â€™ whereas having slightly fun treating one in all my favourite video-recreation houses with a darker vibe,â€ the creator mentioned in a statement. â€œI had been kicking across the thought for years earlier than I was once even working in the industry, as a way to finally be capable of share these films with enthusiasts on Polaris is an awfully exciting factor.â€
Latest posts by SMB Staff (see all)
- How to Make a Facebook Cover Video That Wows Visitors to Your Business Page – July 21, 2017
- Google quietly released yet another outstanding feature for Maps – July 21, 2017
- Yes, Yes! A Sister, Sister Revival Is ‘Moving Forward’! – July 21, 2017
- Facebook Releases New Report on Video Consumption Behaviors on Facebook and Instagram – July 21, 2017
- Facebook could be next to try out modular devices, a patent suggests – July 21, 2017