Right Here’s a handy guide a rough reminder of how the Fund works:
We’re on the lookout for Initiatives that show new considering in the apply of digital journalism; that support the development of recent business fashions, or maybe even change the way users consume digital News. Projects can also be highly experimental, however will need to have well-outlined goals and have a big digital part. There Is Not Any requirement to make use of any Google merchandise. Successful Tasks will show innovation and have a good affect on the manufacturing of unique digital journalism and on the long run sustainability of the News business.
The Fund is open to based publishers, On-line-only avid gamers, News begin-ups, collaborative partnerships and folks primarily based within the Ecu and EFTA nations.
There are three classes of funding on hand:
- Prototype Initiatives: open to businesses – and to people – that meet the eligibility criteria, and require as much as €50k of funding. These Projects will have to be very early stage, with concepts but to be designed and assumptions but to be tested. We Will quick-observe such Projects and will fund 100% of the entire value.
- Medium Projects: open to firms that meet the eligibility criteria and require up to €300k of funding. We Can accept funding requests up to 70% of the full value of the Undertaking.
- Massive Tasks: open to organizations that meet the eligibility criteria and require more than €300k of funding. We Can accept funding requests as much as 70% of the total price of the Venture. Funding is capped at €1 million.
Exceptions to the €1 million cap are that you can think of for big Projects which might be collaborative (e.g., World, sector-wide, involving more than one firms) or that significantly benefit the huge News ecosystem.
Learn How To practice
Talk Over With the Digital News Initiative website online for full small print, together with eligibility standards, phrases and prerequisites, and Software forms. Applications need to be made in English and the submission deadline for the primary round of funding is 11th July 2016.
We’ve consulted widely to be sure that the Fund has inclusive and transparent Application and choice tactics. Confidentiality is crucial; candidates must not share business-delicate or extremely Exclusive data. Full important points may also be Found on the DNI site.
Preliminary collection of Tasks can be accomplished with the aid of a Project staff, composed of a mix of skilled trade figures and Google workforce, who will review all Functions for eligibility, innovation and impression. They’ll make recommendations on funding for Prototype and Medium Tasks to the Fund’s Council, with the intention to have oversight of the Fund’s choice process. The Council will vote on Large Projects.
- Joao Palmeiro, President of the Portuguese publishers Association and Chair of the DNI Innovation Fund Council
- Alexander Asseily, Founder CEO of State, Founder Of Jawbone
- Arianna Ciccone, Co-Founder and Director of the Perugia World Journalism Festival
- Bartosz Hojka, CEO of Agora S.A.
- Katharina Borchert, Chief Innovation Officer, Mozilla
- Veit Dengler, CEO, Neue Zürcher Zeitung
- Rosalia Lloret, Head of Institutional Family Members, Online Publishers’ Association Europe
- Bruno Patino, Dean of Sciences-Po Journalism School
- Murdoch MacLennan, CEO of the Telegraph Media Team
- Madhav Chinnappa, Head of Strategic Family Members, Information and Publishers, Google
- Torsten Schuppe, Director of promoting EMEA, Google
- Ronan Harris, vice chairman, Google
We Will announce the subsequent recipients of those awards prior to the wintry weather vacation trips. We look ahead to receiving your Applications!
Article source: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/GoogleNewsBlog/~3/W_UEs579Up8/
Share and Enjoy