OMG, this can occur??
South Carolina teen Davis Allen Cripe collapsed and died mysteriously last month, but now ultimately Richland County coroner Gary Watts has a solution.
And it is a stunning one.
Watts says the Sixteen-12 months-outdated died from a heart arrhythmia because of an overdose of caffeine!
In a information convention on Monday, the doctor said that in the two hours Ahead Of his Demise, Davis drank “a big weight-reduction plan Mountain Dew, a restaurant latte from McDonalds and in addition some kind of Energy drink.”
“In Response To his weight, the intake of caffeine that he had passed what is considered a safe level.”
That Is in particular scary As A Result Of consistent with Watts, the teen had no previous heart condition being exacerbated — it was Simply the caffeine performing on a regular, wholesome heart. Watts admitted:
“I notice this is a controversial state of affairs. There are are clearly individuals that don’t think it will happen — that you can have this arrhythmia caused by caffeine.”
There are apparently other documented cases of caffeine overdose, frequently leading to irregular coronary heart charges.
The FDA pointers say caffeine doses as much as 400 mg are secure. That Is about 5 8 oz. cups of espresso.
As in most things, it can be all about moderation here.
Share and Enjoy