Update from Executive Producer Henry Pickavet: “We’re conscious that Alex inexplicably stopped talking mid-sentence in opposition to the end of the episode. We’re working with him to make stronger his struggles in the art of dialog.”
Hey and welcome back to Equity, TechCrunch’s running social science test regarding the memorization of esoteric numbers and mission capital-themed podcast.
This week we had the entire crew on deck, together with Katie Roof, Matthew Lynley, and myself — Alex! — to dive into the largest information of the week. We weren’t by myself, fortunately, as Maveron accomplice Rebecca Kaden joined us in the studio to mull over the latest.
The news of the week was revenue-themed, unsurprisingly, including Amazon’s large earnings beat and profit pass over, Alphabet’s moderately fretful increase and losses on its “Different Bets,” regardless of the hell happened to Twitter throughout the San Francisco break of day, and Fb’s endured triumphal parade.
We’d like to thank Rebecca for being plenty of fun, and also you, for at last remembering to price us on iTunes. We’ll see you all subsequent week!
Latest posts by AbdulGiltner (see all)
- 8 ways to fix Snapchat – August 10, 2017
- Facebook tests ‘going live’ from Facebook Camera, Live Stories like Instagram – August 4, 2017
- Facebook finishes its move to neural machine translation – August 3, 2017
- More political headbanging on encryption threatens privacy – August 2, 2017
- Facebook buys Ozlo to boost its conversational AI efforts – August 1, 2017