Although taking a photo of your Android telephone’s Display sounds like something only app reviewers would wish to do, there are all different types of other scenarios the place a screenshot would turn out to be useful, from sharing your own home Display setup with chums to obtaining pictorial proof of your new high ranking in a sport.
Regrettably, it has never been all that easy to perform, ceaselessly needing a 3rd-birthday party app to succeed in. With the introduction of Android 4.Zero (Ice Cream Sandwich), that all changed, so here’s a quick guide on how This Feature works on the Samsung Galaxy S3, Samsung Galaxy S4, Galaxy Notice 3, Galaxy S4 Lively, and Galaxy Word 2 as examples.
We’ve Also included a information to taking a screenshot on any other Android Four.Zero Ice Cream Sandwich, Jelly Bean (4.1, Four.2, Four.Three), and KitKat (4.4) software (that’s most of them).
Updated on Eleven-17-2013: Delivered in Android KitKat gadgets. Additionally not too long ago Brought newer Samsung units like the Be Aware Three and Introduced clarification language to each section, higher detailing which telephones you should utilize every method with.
Take a screenshot on the Gales Observe Three, Be Aware 2, or Observe 8.Zero the use of the S Pen:
On the Galaxy Note 3 and Galaxy Observe 10.1 (2014 Model), there are now two new tips on how to take screenshots (or one thing like them). To Use these, you have to open the Air Command menu, which you are able to do by way of pulling out the S Pen stylus, or with the aid of hovering the pen over the Reveal and clicking the button on it.
- Scrapbooker: This Can Be A choice within the Air Command radial menu. It allows you to draw a circle around a part of the Monitor to take a screenshot. After you are taking a picture of part of the Display, Which You Could add tags, notes, and categories to prepare the pic. You Could access the picture from a unique scrapbook app on the software.
- Reveal Write: This Option was Also on the Notice 2, however that device lacked an Air Command menu. Select it from the choices to take a screenshot. Which You Could then write notes on top of the image. There Are Options to alter your pen colour and measurement if you wish to get creative.
- Simply dangle the button and faucet: On all S Pen Galaxy devices, You Could Also grasp down the button on the S Pen and touch the pen to the Monitor, conserving it there unless you see and/or hear a screenshot being taken. This Technique is best on the Note 2, Notice Eight.0, and unique Be Aware 10.1.
Take a screenshot on some other Galaxy phone using a hand swipe:
This will have to work on virtually every other contemporary Galaxy telephone (ones that have come out for the reason that Galaxy S3 in 2012). If Your cellphone’s lock Reveal has/had a water droplet release effect, or a sun flare unlock impact, this should be just right for you.
- Open Settings Motion.
- Scroll down and find Hand Movement, then Palm Swipe to Seize, and tick the box.
- Shut the menu and to find the Reveal you need to Capture. Form your hand like you’re “chopping” the Display, set your hand vertically on both side of the Display, then horizontally swipe across it – it doesn’t matter which method – like your hand is a photo scanner. For Those Who’ve done it correctly, you will have to hear the digital camera shutter and receive a notification that an image has been saved to the gallery.
A more conventional method to take a screenshot on a Galaxy S3 or above:
This must work on the Galaxy S3 and more latest phones like the Galaxy S4, Galaxy S4 Zoom, Galaxy S4 Lively, Galaxy Notice 2, Galaxy Notice Three, Galaxy Mega, and Galaxy S4 Mini. Any of them which have a home button.
- Pressing the facility and home buttons on the comparable time may even grab a picture of the Reveal. This can be awkward to get proper, so it’s vital to Remember to press Each buttons at the similar time, and hang them except the shutter sound is heard. (You want to hold the facility button fairly before Urgent the home button, then dangle them Both down.)
Both these methods Also work on the Samsung Galaxy Notes as well, and the second method can be appropriate to the Galaxy S2.
Take a screenshot on different Android 4.Zero – Four.4 KitKat devices:
Most devices (outdoor of Nexus 5 and different Google telephones) don’t have Android KitKat yet, but many will get it quickly. Fortunately, taking a screenshot is the same as it’s been on account that Android Ice Cream Sandwich (Four.Zero).
- Press the facility button and Extent down key at the related time. Understand That to carry them except you hear a click on or see a screenshot sound. This works on the Samsung Galaxy Nexus and the Google Nexus 7 tablet and will have to be the primary approach you are attempting on any Android tool. Remember That to carry Both keys down at precisely the identical time, and grasp unless the you see a shot being taken or hear a shutter click.
For older Android telephones, corresponding to those running 2.Three Gingerbread, you’ll need to head over to the Google Play Retailer, the place there are a few apps as a way to do the job for you. Screenshot ER and Screenshot UX are fashionable alternatives, but often require your telephone to be rooted, or take a look at No Root Screenshot It In Case You don’t wish to root your device.
In The Event You’re the usage of Android 4.Three or 4.Four KitKat and share a screenshot after you take it, the text field will mechanically embody the date and time you took the picture. You Can delete it if you would like.